One-off volunteering opportunities
There are some exciting events which will be taking place in Worcester over the summer months and for which volunteers are needed. All the events offer a valuable opportunity to make new friends, meet new people, add to your CV and to generally, have a good time!! So, if this kind of volunteering opportunity would be more suitable to your lifestyle, then contact us and we’ll put you in contact with the organisers.
- The Elgar Festival taking place between May 30th – June 4th . Volunteers are needed to steward, to sell programmes, to represent the Festival and generally help and support this important event.
- Worcester Carnival takes place on Saturday 1st July where volunteers can help by delivering leaflets, handing out brochures, answering questions from the public, collecting money for the nominated charities, stewarding or marshalling the route, to name but a few roles.
- Worcester Festival from 12th – 28th August where volunteers can assist to hand out event guides, marshalling bands, escorting the Festival mascot and many other opportunities to be an invaluable part of the success of the programme.
- Worcester Show on Sunday 13th August but offering volunteering opportunities on both Saturday and Sunday. The show has numerous volunteering roles including assisting in one of the marquees, stewarding, trouble shooting and being a show runner.
- Worcester City Run which takes place on September 16th & 17th where volunteering roles such as Start/Finish Support, Course Marshall, Baggage security, Car Parking duties, manning the water stations, Expo and runner village support, Photographers and our valuable Race Gurus.